Recipe courtesy of Eleven Madison Park
You can trust that Eleven Madison Park is going to make a damn good verjus cocktail. This one is packed with a zesty lemon flavor that is perfectly balanced by the pear and honey. Play around with the type of honey you use and see how the flavor changes. Serves 1.
- 2 oz Pear-Lemon Tea (see recipe below)
- 1 oz verjus
- 1/2 oz chamomile honey (look for honey from chamomile flowers, or create an infusion)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass and stir gently to combine.
- Serve chilled without ice or with a large Old Fashioned style ice cube.
Pear Lemon Tea
- 1.75 oz (50 grams) dried pears, diced
- 0.6 oz (17 grams) lemon zest, zested carefully to avoid white pith*
- 2 cups water
*Note: a large lemon will produce ~2g of zest with a citrus zester
- In a heat-proof container, combine the dried pears and lemon zest. Heat the water until almost boiling, then pour over the pears and zest.
- Cover and let stand overnight to steep.
- Strain. Store in the fridge.