We came across this recipe from bartender Julia Momosé in an article for Women’s Running, which dubbed it a great recovery mocktail thanks to the anti-inflammatory benefits associated with chamomile tea. Now whether or not you drink it after a workout is totally up to you, but we like sipping it while dining al fresco with friends. (PS: If you run out of verjus, try it with cacao juice.) Makes one 6-oz serving.
- ¾ oz chamomile tea (brewed and chilled)
- ¾ oz verjus
- Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic (or similar)
- Club soda
- Lemon twist and berries, for garnish
- Combine tea and verjus into a flute or wine glass with ice.
- Top with chilled elderflower tonic and club soda. Stir until blended.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh berries.